Breaded Pork Chops (8 servings)
6 points per chop
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
12 saltine crackers, crushed (1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons water
8 pork boneless loin chops,
1/2 inch thick (about 2 lb)
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1In shallow dish, mix Bisquick mix, cracker crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water with fork
- 2Dip pork into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture.
- 3In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center.
Steamed Brussel Sprouts
Roasted Potatoes (4 - 1/2 cup servings)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp olive oil
1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound(s) uncooked new potatoes, white or red, cleaned, halved
**note: I will use all dried herbs, because I'm cheap**
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine all ingredients, except potatoes, in a small bowl.
- Place potatoes in a large zip-close plastic bag. Add mustard mixture. Close bag and shake to coat.
- Pour contents of bag into a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, turning occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup potatoes per serving.
French Toast (2 Servings0
2 points per slice
1/3 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1 large egg(s)
2 large egg white(s)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp table salt
1 spray(s) cooking spray
4 slice(s) reduced-calorie bread
In a wide, shallow bowl, beat together milk, egg, egg whites, vanilla and salt.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Dip bread, one piece at a time, into egg mixture; turn to coat both sides. Cook bread in a single layer, flipping once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Yields 2 pieces French Toast
Peppered Pot Roast (6 servings @ 4 ounces each)
1 tsp EVOO
1 (1 3/4#) trimmed top round roast
2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp Lawry's season salt
salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Rub the Olive Oil evenly over the roast and season with the pepper and season salt. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place a medium nonstick and ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the roast and sear on all sides, including the ends, until just browned, 45-60 seconds per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 125F for medium rare, 15-20 minutes. Loosely place a piece of foil over the roast (not the whole pan) and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice the roast against the grain into thin slices and serve immediately, or refrigerate the whole roast then slice very thinly by hand or on a slicer to use as deli meat.
Lettuce tossed with light dressing.
Italian Bread (8 servings)
2 points per slice
I find this in the refrigerated section where the bread is in tubes
Sausage and Bean Rigatoni
- 2 cups rigatoni pasta (8 oz)
- 15 ounces white kidney beans or 15 ounces great northern beans or 15 ounces navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes (Italian style, undrained)
- 6 ounces LIGHT smoked turkey sausage, cooked and halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (thinly sliced) or 1 tablespoon dried basil (crushed)
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese (shredded) or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return pasta to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine beans, undrained tomatoes, sausage, and basil.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Add bean mixture and fresh basil to pasta.
- Stir gently to combine.
- To serve, sprinkle each with serving of cheese.
Steamed Snap Peas
2 points per slice
Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas (serves 4)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups medium salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 8 ounces cooked turkey breast, shredded
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 7 x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine salsa, cilantro, and cumin in a shallow bowl at least 6 inches in diameter.
Dip 1 tortilla in salsa mixture, coating it completely. Place on a plate or sheet of plastic wrap. Top with 2 tablespoons salsa mixture. Top with one-eighth of turkey, beans, and red onion. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll tortilla up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat process with remaining tortillas and filling.
Spoon remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes.
How to make it 35 minutes
Cucumber and Green Pepper Slices with Light Ranch dipping sauce
1 point for dressing (varies depending on dressing)
about 4 points per 1/2 cup
From a box
Horseradish-Dill Beef Stroganoff (4 servings)
10 points per serving
- 3 cups dried wide noodles
- 3 cups broccoli spears (12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 pound beef ribeye steak
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14-ounce can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, adding broccoli the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain; return noodles and broccoli to pan.
2. Meanwhile, stir together the sour cream, horseradish, and dill in a small serving bowl; cover and chill until serving time.
3. Trim fat from beef. Cut beef into bite-size strips. Cook half of the beef, all of the onion, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet until onion is tender and beef is of desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Add remaining beef; cook and stir until beef is of desired doneness. Return all meat to skillet; sprinkle flour and black pepper over meat. Stir to coat.
4. Stir in broth, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Divide noodle-broccoli mixture among four bowls. Spoon beef mixture on top of noodle mixture. Top with one or two spoonfuls or two of the sour cream mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Cook with love and ENJOY!!!