Tutorial: Easy Envelope Pillow Coversproject courtesy of tinydecorblog.com
Covering a pillow doesn’t get any easier than this. No zippers or buttons to mess with. You don’t even have to pin this. In about 15-20 minutes you will have a beautiful custom made pillow cover.
- Pillow insert ( I used a bamboo fiber insert)
- Fabric (see step 1 for size)
- Cut a piece of fabric the height of your pillow insert plus 1 inch and twice the width of your pillow plus 6 inches. (I used a 12 x 16 inch pillow insert, so I cut my fabric 13 x 38 inches)
- On both short ends of fabric fold over and press 1/4 inch. Fold over another 1/4 inch and press again.
- Sew hem along folded edge on both short ends.
- Lay fabric right side up on work surface. Fold short ends in toward middle until cover is width of pillow. The fabric will overlap about 2.5 inches in the middle.
- Sew two long edges with a 1/2 inch seam allowance. (I prefer to serge these seams in my pillows to finish the seam, but it is not required.)
- Flip pillow cover right side out through the envelope closure. Press. Stuff with pillow insert through envelope enclosure.