Tuesday, September 30, 2008

lost

I know, I know, I haven't been too good about posting. Most have been short and uninspired. I just have so much going on in my life right now that I feel like I am having trouble keeping my head above water. So I prioritize and the blog falls to the bottom.

Congrats Melinda on winning my burp cloth contest! Please select a fabric from the burpcloth bundle slide show. Or if you would rather...I can surprise you. Just shoot me a comment or an email with your wishes.

Next news...Maggie has been weaned. It was a mutual decision. She had dropped all her daytime feeds by about 11 months. I would offer, but she would bite me or push away or cry. So next, I thought the nighttime feed would be the toughie, so I decided to tackle it first. It was easy. We offered her her sippy of milk while we read books. Off to the land of nod she went with little hesitation. We did that for a week and then decided to try the same tactic with the AM feeding. So on Monday morning I went in to get her with a sippy of milk in hand. She was a little hesitant at first but quickly downed her milk. This morning was even smoother. I was worried that I would be emotional or sad, but I think I am okay with this. I have my body back. The best part is, I never was sore or too full. It's like nature was with me and new how to react. It was really an easy process. She nursed for 12 months 1 week and 1 day. I think we were successful.

I am off to go sew. I have a ton of pending orders! Which is wonderful and overwhelming, all in the same.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! I'll shoot you an email about the burpcloth.

    Congrats on your wonderful nursing relationship. I think it's a wonderful gift we moms get to have with our babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to say congrats with the nursing. It really is an amazing experience that only you get to share with your child. Gray and I made it a year, as well, and I really missed that time when we were done. I'm trying to cherish it even more now with Scarlett. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?