Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hello old friends

Here it is, the first full week of October. The nighttime temps are in the 40s, the days are somewhere in the high 60s, low 70s. I have pulled out my sweaters. I have donned a sweatshirt or 2 this past week. Maggie now is required to wear shoes and socks outside of the house. The leaves are starting to change. I really do enjoy this time of year. But, best of all...I love my slippers. I bought myself new slippers last fall. They were a replacement of the slippers I had had since my freshman year of ...HIGHSCHOOL... These slippers had been through many years (about 17 years!), many stages (I was 14 when I got 'em) and many addresses (11 to be exact)with me. My faithful friends. They had stains where Dan had dropped an egg on them one morning, they had holes where they were worn thin at the sole, they had a funky smell. All of this I didn't mind, but one day, Dan laid down the law. "Those are a biohazard and they must go" So, into the trash they went, but they were quickly replaced by the exact same ones, but in a new color. I love my slippers. They are my lovey. I put them on today and I felt like I was hugging a long lost friend. Call me weird if you must.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I, too, still have my favorite slippers from years ago, and, though my husband has bought me new ones, I still wear them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?