Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh...what fun...


I have laughed with friends who have experienced it. I have pondered my response to Grab a Tissue or Bare hand? but, I thought "Dan does bathtime, what do I care?" Until last night.

Imagine....Dan and Maggie are in the bathroom, Maggie is splashing away, happily playing with her multiple toys, when she toots, a very long, drawn out toot. Dan chuckles and then she looks up at him with what he calls her "Sorry Daddy" face. Then an only then does he realize that she just pooped in the tub.

During this time, I am off in the bedroom putting sheets on our bed and vacuuming the upstairs. Suddenly, I hear this cry for help, "HEY HONEY, I NEED YOU TO HELP RIGHT NOW!!" I rush in to find Dan standing there holding a dripping, naked Maggie under the arms. I look down and there it is...floating... What did I do you ask? I reached in, grabbed it, chucked it in the toilet, flushed the toilet, dumped the ducky tub, tossed all toys to the sink, rinsed the tub, and wiped her butt of the ClingOns and didn't think twice. All of this in a matter of mere minutes. Dan then tossed her back in the tub to finish the bath and clean her bottom.

I then quickly went and washed my hands.

I think I earned a mommy stripe.

1 comment:

  1. Only a mother would rise to the occasion in that instance! You have most definitely earned a stripe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?