Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yes....I am fine....

Well, as of Sunday I am 28 weeks along in this pregnancy. On Monday, my 31st birthday, I just didn't feel quite right. I had this weird thing happen when I was preggo with Maggie and it happened again. It all starts with my vision going blurry, followed by numbness in my left fingers that slowly travels up my left hand, to the arm, and eventually lands in my face. Then the vision will come back and the feeling will come back. Then the WHOPPER of all headaches will set in. I was also really weak and light headed and had a hard time catching my breath. I just decided to take it easy and see how the day went.

I had a my regular OB appointment on Tuesday morning. While telling my doc about my symptoms, she said "I am probably being a little cautious, but I want you to go over to Riverside [hospital] and have some additional tests done." WHAT?!?!?! I was expecting her to say that it was nothing to worry about, take it easy, drink lots of fluids. So off to Riverside we went.

I was checked in at about 9:15 am. The hooked me up to all kinds of monitors, ran an EKG, and had me hang out for about 5 hours. I had another episode of the numbness and blurry vision. The watched all my tests while it was going on and determined.......... I was having MIGRAINES! So, there is nothing wrong with the baby. My heart is just fine. I just have a penchant for migraine headaches with pregnancy. I was sent home and told to take a nap.

My faithful friend Bobbi Jo was over and took care of the Magpie while I took a 3 hour nap.

Today I feel much better. Thankfully. No headache. No shortness of breath. No excessive fatigue. Let's keep up the good work.....shall we?

2 comments:

  1. Before the 3rd paragraph I was thinking....migraines! I have them regardless of pregnancy, but I had magnified, continuous ones when pregnant with Noah. It.is.not.fun. I feel for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you and the baby are fine, but I am so sorry that you are dealing with migraines, especially while pregnant. I know it's easier said than done, but try to get some extra rest. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?