Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grand Idea for Fabric Selection = FAIL

Well, as you have been watching over the past week or so...I have been redoing the ol' bloggity blog.  There are new pages, new prices, new selections.  For the most part, I thought through the changes and have a plan for completing orders.  Well.....that is until traffic picked up.  I have had more orders this week than ever...AND I LOVE IT!  But, when it comes to the fabric choices for the nursing covers, my idea totally backfired.

Here was the idea:  Person looks at selection of fabric pictures and chooses one.  I run to the store and buy said fabric and then make it and ship it.  Simple right?  Well....nope.  The problem is quite simple.  I posted the pictures from fabrics I had used in the past.  I thought it would be simple enough to find the fabric again, because a) I really only shop from 2 stores; if it isn't in one store it has to be the other, right? b) the selections don't really change that much, right?  The first order with the new system required 2 unsuccessful trips to fabric stores looking for a fabric that was long discontinued, followed by a 3rd trip to purchase the 2nd choice fabric.  So, 3 trips total with a minimum of 25 minutes drive time one way, as well as lugging two children, assorted sippy cups, snack cups and other assorted gear.  This, my friends, is not efficient.

Here's the new idea:  I have purchased enough fabric to make exactly 1 nursing cover in the listed fabrics on the nursing cover page.  If you see something you like....GRAB IT....I may or may not be able to find it again.  If you saw something you liked and it disappeared...feel free to ask if it can be found again.  I'll do my best, but no promises.

SO.....now off you go to check out the new fabric choices...go on...

ps:  Maggie picked out the CuTeSt owl fabric while we were there today.  I asked her what she wanted me to make for her and she said...."A dress, please, with a bag."   I looked in the simplicity patterns and found one for a little jumper dress and a little purse, on the same pattern!  Yipee!  I will post pics....if I ever get it made.....

pps:  I am thinking about doing a Design My Header contest.....stay tuned!  Would you be interested in submitting a design to win a gift certificate to my store???


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?