Friday, August 27, 2010

a moment of thanks

I have the greatest friends in the world. I really mean it. When the shit hits the fan, they come running with paper towels, clorox wipes, and margaritas. I couldn't do this daily grind without them. As I write this, Maggie is upstairs in my bed, sick, watching her 3rd hour of consecutive cartoons. And by 3rd, I mean 4th. Who am I kidding, right? But it's keeping her happy and resting and she loves NickJr. The moms in my moms group sent no less than 7 emails sending get well wishes to us as well as the other sick kiddos in the group (who may or may not have whooping cough), when we told them we wouldn't make it to playgroup today. They make me smile, they make me laugh, they make me feel a part of something. When you become a SAHM, part of who you were disappears. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what I do now. But, if you know me, you know I'm social and I needed to find that again. I found it in my friends, my other moms, my commrads in the trenches. We can do this. We can do this together.

Welcome to the world Sydney, Brooke, and Sophia. For my mommy friends new to this Mother of 2 gig, let me know when I can bring the paper towels, clorox wipes, and margaritas.

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Ah..sorry the troop is down but the army has rallied around you all. That is great to have a such a nice mom's group. Your post is cute! I know what you mean about being social...:)-
    Feel better soon :)-

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?