Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things About Me

I have a facebook page. I am addicted to facebook. I know what's going on in the lives of people I haven't seen or talked to in 10 or 15 years. It's wonderfully voyeuristic, but highly time consuming. I may need to seek help. Anywhooo...

I have been tagged by several of my facebook friends to complete 25 things about myself. There are no parameters, just list 25 things. It's a little daunting, because you have to find things about yourself that others would find interesting, but may not know. That's hard. I don't feel like I am all that interesting, but here goes...

  1. I have a BFA in Dance Education from The Ohio State University, the top ranked dance department in the US. I passed the Praxis (teacher licensing exam) and received my Ohio teaching license. I have never taught a day in my life.
  2. I worked for the National Dance Education Organization in Washington DC.
  3. I danced for DancaNova, a small, professional, modern dance company in Washington DC.
  4. I was reviewed in the Washington Post.
  5. My husband has always been my biggest fan, even when he "didn't get it". He never got upset that I couldn't really help with the bills while I was pursuing my dance dreams.
  6. I was a retail manager for almost 10 years. I gave up enough holidays and sleep to last the rest of my life. I have a great understanding for those in the world of customer service and I strive to NEVER be "That Customer".
  7. I have been fired from a job. It was awful when it happened, but quickly became a blessing.
  8. I am 27+ weeks pregnant and I expect my second child at the end of April. I think it will probably be early May.
  9. My daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me, besides marrying my husband. I love her with all my heart and can't imagine life without her, even though I think she can be a big burden.
  10. I am super crafty, but I have craft ADD. I like lots of different projects. I have done tons of projects over the years, but rarely have I done anything twice.
  11. I am currently working on a crib set for the new baby and it's surprisingly easy. I can't believe what some people will pay for these sets.
  12. I am annoyed with my husbands thriftiness, but I appreciate where it's gotten us. What do you mean Starbucks once a week is frivolous???
  13. I am so excited that I am getting an embroidery sewing machine for my birthday. I have desires to embroider EVERYTHING!
  14. I have a secret annoyance that the Superbowl is often on or near my birthday. I hate the shadow.....ba-dum-bum...(my birthday is groundhog's day). I can't imagine having my birthday on or near Christmas. That would suck.
  15. I am not sure what to think of Obama as the new president. I am skeptical but hopeful. (please don't tar and feather me)
  16. I love online hidden object games. I am a bit of an online game nerd. If you know of any good ones let me know!
  17. I love my Honda and won't buy any other car brand. It's the third Honda I have owned and I couldn't imagine "risking it" on any other brand.
  18. I have 2 cats, Simone and Alvin. They are both very loyal and very loving. Sometimes Alvin is so loving, he is annoying. I think that's what having a dog is sort of like.
  19. I don't like dogs. I don't mind them being around if they behave, but the first nose in the crotch or bark and I am DONE. I don't understand the appeal that that has on the American population.
  20. I want to travel the world. I would love to go to Spain, Ireland, Greece, Italy, ride the Orient Express, or anything else along those line.
  21. I wish this thing was titled 20 things about you...
  22. I am excited about blogs. I have several that I watch. I log in every morning hoping for updates. I like the blogs that have funny pictures or have craft tutorials best.
  23. I am putting off laundry by completing this list.
  24. I love the seasons, but I have had enough snow to last me awhile. I can't wait to take walks with Maggie again. Maybe we will play in the snow this weekend.
  25. I think that my daughter's new word "YUMMY" is the cutest thing ever.
  26. I hope you comment on my blog posts....how else will I know you're reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?