Friday, January 16, 2009

A little stir crazy

Today it is -10 outside and it's the third day in a row that I have decided that Maggie and I need to hibernate. I just don't feel like fighting it if I don't have to. I did that too many years in a row when I was working. But today is an improvement, I did get dressed!!!

This afternoon we were feeling a little stir crazy, so I had a thought....let's make Maggie a tutu. As an addicted crafter, I had a yard or more of red tulle and some leftover elastic. I cleaned out and organized all my crafts the other day and they were just sitting there, begging me. Of course, I obliged.

It was TOO EASY!!! First I measured her waist, about 20 inches, chubbers that she is, and then I took a couple inches off so the elastic could have some stretch. Then I measured how long I wanted it to be, about 7 inches. But remember, a tutu doesn't hang down but it goes out. Then I doubled that length, so I could tie it onto the elastic. The tulle strips ended up being 6 inches by 15 or so inches. I then sewed the two ends of the elastic together to create a circle. In order to tie the tulle on the elastic, I slid the elastic onto my thigh, like a garter, and just started tying them on until they were all gone. It took about 40 minutes start to finish, but I had interruptions. Shocking, I know. Here's the lovely princess in her finished tutu:


We are now watching an episode of Sesame Street featuring Dance! How Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. How stinkin' cute?! Somehow I don't think either of my boys would appreciate me making that for them!

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?