Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hi...It's Tuesday

Okay, so I shouldn't be writing I should be sewing, or more accurately FrayChecking. I have almost all of my OSU sewing project done. Here's what I completed:
  • 16 Cocktail Table runners
  • 4 Banquet Table runners
  • 5 White and Gold Fabric wall hangings (14 feet by 2 feet)
  • 6 Gold wall hangings (15 feet by 45 inches)
It wasn't hard, but dealing with that much fabric is so cumbersome. I think it will be picked up today, so I can CHECK it off my list and wait for the CHECK to come in the mail!

I have a friend dropping off her maternity jeans to be hemmed on Wednesday and a nursing cover to complete no later than the end of the week. Thanks for being so patient Ames. I will have it for you in time. I PROMISE. I also have 2 more baby blankets to finish. I have one done and it is so warm and snuggly I might not sell it. Well, yes I will, because it really only covers the lower half of my legs. It's meant for a baby, not someone who just acts like one. Then....I have a sweater repair for a friend and a placemat purse to finish. Pending any new orders, I would like to have all of that done by Thanksgiving. Am I dreaming??

I had an OB appointment yesterday. It was one of those take your weight, take your blood pressure, how are you feeling, here's the heartbeat, see you in 3 weeks kind of appointment. I saw the doc for all of 3 minutes, but spent an hour of my life there. Next visit on 12/9 will be our 20 week utlrasound. NO....we aren't going to find out if it's a boy or a girl. We are looking forward to the surprise.

Maggie has been bursting at her developmental seams this week. She has new words and new moves. Here's the list I can come up with:
  1. say "shoo" when wanting to put on shoes or slippers
  2. says "baba" when leaving the house
  3. waves by by when Dan goes off to work or we are leaving a store
  4. CLAPS!! I was a little worried that this one took so long, but she broke it out in full force last night.
  5. "Hey Maggie, What does a duck say?" Her response, "QUACK QUACK!!" Here's the video.

  6. Has developed a desire to walk rather than crawl. That is if she can get herself to her feet. She needs to pull up on something still, but she is actively trying to figure out how to get to her feet on her own.
  7. Started to hide the food she doesn't want in her highchair seat. I got mad at her for throwing it on the floor, so she developed a sneaky way of hiding it. I often don't realize that half her food is in her chair until I lift her to get her down. She's sneaky!!
  8. It looks as though she might be pushing her morning nap later than 10am. Currently she has been in bed for 30 minutes and she is still talking to herself. I need my down time...now what?
Lastly, thanks to my "Followers". It's fun to know people are reading about me. Is that narcissistic? Maybe, but I think I am okay with that.

Okay, Maggie has gone from talking to crying. I have to intervene. I think that her bear may have taken an irretrievable flying leap out of the crib, aka...Maggie tossed him and now wants him back. When does she learn cause and effect????

1 comment:

  1. Why can't you live near me so I can hire you for all my sewing needs???

    Yep...Coleman and Maggie are following along the same time lines...nice to know they're normal ;)

    "morning nap"???? Cole dropped his months ago. He's been doing one nap (anywhere from 12-4) now for awhile. At least him and his older brother nap at the same time so I actually do have a break! I need, no I crave, those 2 hours daily!

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?