Monday, October 19, 2009

Love Monday

  • LOVE that life has settled down after 3 trips to urgent cares, one trip to the pediatricians office, one xray, and one bright orange cast.

"3 TRIPS TO THE URGENT CARE? WHAT THE HELL?"

Yeah, I can read your mind. Here's the synopsis:

Trip 1: I went to bed one night a couple of weeks ago and I just couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned for 2 hours or more. My arms felt incredibly restless. I don't have restless leg syndrome, but my arms felt like what I imagine that condition to feel like. Boy, that was annoying! The next morning my arms still felt weird. My body was just totally out of energy. I felt as though I hadn't eaten in days, you know all weak and shaky. But, I had eaten. So I called the hematologist to see if this could be related to my ITP. The hematologist didn't think so and urged me to head to the ER. I told Dan that I didn't want to go to the ER because that's where people who just lost limbs go. I just felt weak. We decided to go to the Urgent Care. They ran a ton of blood tests and urine tests and came up with ZIP. All of my tests came back normal. Oh well.

Trip 2: On Friday, a week ago, I got Maggie up from her nap. Like I usually do I set Jacob on the floor while I got Maggie out of her crib. I usually put Maggie on the floor with Jacob while I fold Maggie's blanket and put all of her stuff in its place. While I was folding her blanket, I heard Jacob let out a yelp. I looked down and he was on his back with his arm pinned behind him. Maggie was "helping" him roll over. OH CRAP. When I swooped down to pick him up his left arm just hung limp by his side. Off to Children's Hospital we went. Wow, that ER was one crappy place to be. I am so surprised that none of us got sick from being there. The nurse diagnosed Jacob with Nursemaid's Elbow. A doctor came in and did a quick movement with his arm. He cried for about 30 seconds and then all was good and fine again. Crisis averted.

Trip 3: On Tuesday of last week, I was on my way upstairs to get Maggie from her nap when suddenly she started to cry. When I opened her door, she was standing in the middle of her room. I had left her in her crib. Yep, she jumped out. Or better said, she fell out. She kept telling me she went boom and hurt her arm. I took her downstairs to calm down. You know, a little Elmo and a frozen GoGurt usually does the trick. After calming down, her arm still hurt. I called Dan and we decided to head off to Children's once again. Better safe than sorry right? We went to the Westerville. We waited 2 hours and weren't even so much as called to register. We decided to cut our losses and head on home and go to the pediatrician in the morning. We headed off the next morning to the doctor. They sent us to the Dublin children's for an xray. It was BrOkEn!! We then headed downtown to have a Children's orthopedist put her cast on. He told me she had a buckle break in her arm that would cleanly heal in 4 weeks. Week one will be complete on Wednesday. She does pretty well with it though. She really doesn't even let it slow her down.

Now....here's to no more doctor/ER/urgent care/xray/orthopedist visit's this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?