Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The next step...

I am sitting at Dan's computer this morning, because my power cord began to spark yesterday afternoon. SCARY...anyway, I have ordered a new one, but who knows when it will get here. I just thought I would share an update on where things are....

The House: We closed. We own it. It's ours. We are scheduled to move on the last weekend of July, but Dan is taking some time off work so we can get over there and get settled as easily as possible. I think it will be a pretty easy transition after all, but I may have just jinxed myself. The AC guy is coming today to get started on the installation. He should be done tomorrow. The carpet cleaners are coming on Friday afternoon. If you need HVAC work or Carpet Cleaning let me know and I will get you their info.

The Kid: Maggie is officially crawling like a mad woman. Her teeth are visible. She is eating like a champ. She is almost 20 pounds and just got upgraded to the big girl car seat. It's nice not to have to lug that bucket seat around. She was getting so heavy!

The Husband: Dan is loving work and is moderately busy right now. The new house is less than a mile from his office and he is really excited about that. He has his "pastoral" debut this weekend. He is performing DK and EJ's wedding on Saturday. He is ordained through the church of Spiritual Humanism. We aren't religious people, but this worked for the purpose. He is now registered to perform marriage rites in the state of Ohio. Please let me know if you would need his services!

The Crafts: I have a TON of ideas in the pipe line and I am SO excited to get to the new house and get my craft area set up. Right now I can't work on anything because I have no dining room table (former work table) and the packing needs to get done first. I have a hard time justifying to my husband why the kitchen didn't get packed but the new ribbon belt I made is oh so cute. Boys just don't get it do they!?

Me: I need to head off to the shower and try to get some stuff done while Maggie is napping. It's currently 10 am (almost) so I have about an hour and 15 minutes. Hopefully, I can get something packed so Dan doesn't think I was blogging all morning....heehee....

1 comment:

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?