Friday, August 29, 2008

ARGH!

Let's just say...
  • the computer got sick (with a rogue program called "Antivirus XP 2008")
  • I spent 3+ hours on the phone with my "on call tech support" (Thanks a BUNCH DK!!)
  • I made a nursing cover for B while the proper antivirus software did its full scan (2 hours 9 minutes 23 seconds)(more or less) and then reported nada...ZIP...ZiLcH
  • I left to go walking with some other moms because I was so stinking frustrated I thought I might do something drastic
  • Came back...computer had not miraculously resurrected itself
  • Did full system restore that wipes the hard drive...lost TONS of stuff
  • boo hoo hoo hoo :(
  • Computer is working again, however...I have to start all over. Lots of updating...lots of downloading....lots and lots of lost time.....

Oh...what a wonderful end to my week! POOP!

2 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I got the same virus, but was able to get it wiped from the system. Then we had another issue where the same virus corrupted our antivirus software...but was able to get that fixed as well. If you ever get infected again, boot up in Safe Mode, then run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - it's a free program. It was the only one of my (many) programs that caught it and deleted it off the system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately I tried most of them. The computer blocked my access to the Anti-MalWare sites and the files I was able to get from a friend were being blocked for being Corrupted. It was a largely frustrating day, but all is better now....for now...at least RIGHT now...

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?