Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December 10th - DECEMBER DAYS OF CRAFTING - Stacking Fabric Christmas Trees

fabric christmas trees BLOG.jpg

Project Courtesy of Sarah over at www.TheSmallObject.com

She has a great blog with lots of fun ideas! Be sure to check it out!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think these are great! And a great way to use up your leftover Christmas Fabric Scraps. I think you could almost get away with these as a no sew project. Let me know if you have questions and be sure to send pictures of what you are crafting!

-Amanda
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STACKING FABRIC CHRISTMAS TREES

fabric christmas trees BLOG.jpg

Download the Stacked Fabric Christmas Tree templates as an Adobe pdf file or by printing the image here. To make them, download and print out the Adobe pdf file with the templates for the four sized cones. Using the pattern, cut out the four semi-circles from various fabric. I then ironed on some lightweight interfacing to the backside.

fabric christmas trees zig zag edge 227.jpg

After you have four semi-circles of fabric, I used a small zig-zag stitch around all the edges.

fabric christmas trees cone fold over BLOG.jpg

Fold over the edges to make a cone shape. You will overlap the two ends about 1 inch to make the diameter of the size cone you wish.

fabric christmas trees straight stitch back BLOG 227.jpg

Then I used a straight stitch to close up the backside of the cone. Iron this seam so the cone will stay open in a nice round form. Alternately, you could hand stitch the back seam closed.

After you have finished all four cones for one tree, I added a small bit of hot glue to the top of each cone so that when they were stacked they are stable. You could also stuff the bottom with a little tissue, if you like. But they stay open nicely without it, too.

fabric christmas trees done BLOG.jpg

I made several and love how they look in a little grouping. Let the holiday decorating begin. Game on.

1 comment:

  1. So I have to tell you that I am loving all of the craft ideas, and Gray and I even tackled the jingle bell wreath this week (I'll email pictures), but can't I just pay you to do these for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?