Monday, December 22, 2008

December 22nd - DECEMBER DAYS OF CRAFTING - Ribbon Christmas Tree

I found this great tutorial over at The Creative Elf. What a fabulous idea for all those ribbon scraps! You could even make one out of just about any ribbon! What fun. Be sure to check out her blog.

On another note....I am all about ribbon right now because, by using simple wooden clothes pins, I took my ribbon stash from this:
to this:



YAY FOR ORGANIZATION!! I wish I could get the rest of my life organized this easily....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RIBBON CHRISTMAS TREE TUTORIAL
project courtesy of The Creative Elf


Hello. I've been meaning to make one of these Trees for ages but finally got round to it last night. If you would like to make one you will need a large Polystyrene cone, lots of ribbon (most of mine was from Poppicrafts!) which you will need to cut into 4 inch strips (approx 200 of these!) and some sequin pins.

I painted the tree with a bright green acrylic paint first and allowed it to dry. I started at the bottom of the tree and just folded the ribbon in half and attached to the tree with one pin. Make sure your ribbons slightly goes over the bottom of the tree to so that it lays nicely. Just work your way up the tree, overlapping each layer.

I topped my tree with two wooden snowflakes that I had painted white, glued a needle in between them with about half an inch sticking out so that they could be stuck into the tree.

And there you have one tree to sit in the middle of your table on Christmas day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?