Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bad Karma

I am waiting for the third incident.....bad things happen in 3's right?

Incident 1....I went to the grocery store today. I have been putting it off for several days because a. It's a chore b. I have to practically take out a small business loan to pay for them c. I have to make the list. Anyway, Maggie and I headed off this morning around 8am to just get it done. When we got there, I knew something was wrong...the shelves were mostly bare and there were people everywhere. Today they started a 15 month remodel project on the Clintonville Giant Eagle. They hadn't restocked anything because EVERYTHING was moving, including the racks themselves. Even the staff had no idea where the canned veggies had been moved to. So I opted for frozen, which is probably healthier anyway. But, WHO REARRANGES THE GROCERY STORE??? Aren't some things sacred? I used to be able to zip in and zip out and organize my list, basically, by aisle. OH NO!! NOT ANYMORE!! Next time I go I will need to hire a Sherpa and bring a compass and a sack lunch. Dreams of getting the shopping done in a half hour are long gone!

Incident 2...after I returned home and got Maggie down for her nap, I proceeded to get groceries put away and meats, fruits, and veggies prepped for the week's meals. I also cleaned out the fridge and got rid of anything that was green, fuzzy, or generally seemed too old to eat. My husband would argue that some of the stuff could still be eaten if you removed the top layer. A gamble I am not willing to take. I think he would play Food Russian Roulette if I would let him. It is always so cleansing for me to clean out the fridge. Anyway, after all of that, my trashcan overfloweth, so I tied it up to take it out. About halfway to the giant trashcan in the alley.......A BIRD POOPED ON ME! It splattered all down my right arm. EWWWW!! The darn thing just kept sitting on the wire above me singing away. Meanwhile, I had it's poo running down my arm. I don't think that has ever happened to me. YUCK!

So, Incident #3 is impending. The day is still early yet. What could be my fate? Step in dog poo? Leak through my breast pads? Put dinner in the oven only to come back an hour later and discover that I never turned the oven on? Leave the back door open and unlocked for every vagrant to come in and help themselves? The options are endless.......

2 comments:

  1. Yuck! That's definitely not a fun way to start your morning. Here's hoping the day looks up and impending disaster #3 never happens. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did your third incident ever happen? the morman people stopped by.. i think they went to you next :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?