Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Mom's Group!

What a resource! I love going to my Tuesday mom's group. Today there were about 15 moms and babies ranging from about 4 weeks to 8.5 months. What a strange place it was for Claire and Maggie to be the older babies in the room, and for Yvonne, the parenting consultant, to refer to us as the "experienced moms". What a change. I used to go to the group to have a sounding board for all of the idiosyncrasies I was noticing in Maggie...then it became a what comes next?....and now I mostly go for adult conversation. Even if it is interrupted by the occasional crawl away and perhaps a toy tantrum or two. But, adult conversation, nonetheless. Claire is crawling now and Lisa's life has forever changed. I hope that Maggie crawls soon, but I think I am okay if she doesn't. I honestly think she might just up and walk one day. But, I was happy to see all the new mommies with thier tiny babies today. Their live filled with uncertainty, questions, and wonder. My life is still that way, but different. I think I have earned a set of stripes. My second set if you count bringing her into this world as the first. :) I am just really glad that this group is there. It make me appreciate where I have come from and where I am. I realize how quickly each day flies by and how quickly my little girl changes. Thanks, Maggie, for letting us go today. You sure were a good girl!!



Another great things about mom's group is you get in on Great Resources!! Here is a great link to the NIH website. They have a ton of music and lyrics to all those nursery rhymes that we used to know. Take a refresher course....I know I need one! This old man...he played...something..he played..somthing on .....how did that go? Thanks for sharing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got yourself a great support group!

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?