Monday, May 12, 2008

Finger Foods


We started trying finger foods with Maggie. Last week I gave her some banana pieces. As you can see from the picture above....it didn't go so well. So I laid off. Tonight I gave her some sweet potato puffs. I dumped about 5 of them on her tray and then showed her how they worked. Pick them up, put them in mouth, and chew. Yummy...right? We she pushed them around and they proceeded to stick to her hand. She never once tried to put it in her mouth. I then took one an put it on her tongue. She made some CrAzY faces, but then began to chew it as it softened. She ate 3 puffs!! I had to feed them to her, but I think we might be making progress. Tomorrow I will try again and see how it goes. Any mommies want to share any hints on this process?????

1 comment:

  1. Just keep trying. She'll get the hang of it. ;)

    Rice Crispies, well-cooked cut-up elbow macaroni noodles, the Gerber freeze dried fruits and veggies, and canned pears are also some great first finger foods. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?