Thursday, June 5, 2008

ATTENTION: CRAFTY McCRAFTERTONS!!!



I promised a craft and I am delivering.

I have decided to make a quilt. I have never made a quilt before, but I remember watching my Great Grandma Ruth sew them by hand. She showed me how, once upon a time. I have NO desire to sew one by hand, but I think I might be able to pull off a machine quilt. Right now, I just have my head wrapped around the front of the quilt, later I will tackle the batting and the backing. I am going to try to do this a inexpensively as possible. The Stitching Post is having a HUGE sale and that helps the goal. I am going to use the following pattern. I also have scraps from my nursing covers that I might work into it somewhere. If anyone else out there decides to take on the project with me, please do! And be sure to send pictures.


By the way, the sleepsack I made turned out not so hot. I think my problem was that I had no pattern and I was sewing by intuition. I don't have sewing intuition. I need a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?