Friday, June 6, 2008

The internet is AMAZING

I just had a friend from high school email me the other day to say she was reading my blog and she was encouraging of my breastfeeding. I don't think I ever emailed her that I was writing this blog. Maybe I did. But let's assume, for the sake of this entry, that I didn't.

Hi Melinda! Your boys are too cute for words!

My point is this. The connections we have in life are fragile ones. Technology often takes the place of real life interaction. Why call when you can save time by texting? Why write when you save time by emailing? And, as much as traditionalists will bash it, I know that Melinda and I would not be keeping in touch if it weren't for email and blogging. I now check in on her blog daily. FYI- You need to post something Melinda! Are you and the boys feeling better yet? I also am able to keep up with the goings on of my friends Nate and Kelly and their growing family. I am so glad that I have that connection now. Blogging has helped me find what was missing from my daily social interaction. Maggie isn't quite a conversationalist, yet.....

So, for those of you bloggers out there that think no one is reading....WRITE ON!! We are reading and we love it. And for those of you who think blogging is a waste of time, who reads it anyway...start one...you will be surprised.

If you are curious as to how I actually know that people are reading, because they aren't leaving comments, go to the bottom of this page to the "Great Links" Section and click on the little green "sitemeter". Feel free to wander around the statistics. I have readers from Australia, France, Canada, and even Joliette, Illinois. I don't know who you are but WELCOME to my world.

Honestly, I just think it's all so cool.

Today is the day I am going to go pick out fabric for my Quilt for Maggie's first birthday. And somewhere in there, maybe I will finish knitting the blanket I started for her before she was born. If she is lucky, she will be presented with all of these finished crafts before she is 18.

Happy Friday, Ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! (waving hand at computer)

    Your blog link was on an email you sent awhile back. When I was cleaning out my old emails I saw it and linked an RSS to it. I'm not big, okay I actually hate, talking on the phone but I love keeping up with friends' lives! So here I am, lurking and reading, write on! Oh, and I so wish we lived closer...I would LOVE to learn quilting with you, but don't have enough motivation to do it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Melinda, but ditto everything that she said! ;) I am so happy that I am able to keep up with my friends lives through their blogs. It makes the time in between visits not seem so long. Please let me know how the quilting goes. It something I've always wanted to learn how to do and have just never taken the time. Maybe now is it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?