Monday, June 23, 2008

The Baby Whisperer


I can't believe I haven't talked about this before. It is one of the first things I usually mention to expectant moms. I try not to be that mom that thinks she knows all the secrets because she has an easy baby, but I do think there should be some secret sharing. This is the best solution out there. I just visited some friends and saw another baby living the E.A.S.Y. routine with great success at 8 weeks.

Check out "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems" by Tracy Hogg. We started Maggie on the E.A.S.Y. routine at 1 week and she is still going strong on it today. We started with a 2 hour E.A.S.Y. and now we are to a 4 hour E.A.S.Y. Maggie knows what's next and I know what she is going to want or need well before she does. It still gives her the freedom to grow, change, and explore, but sets expectations for her from me and vice versa. It can't be set up overnight and takes a week or so to fall into its place. But stick with it and it will be second nature for you and your baby.

Here's the caveat.....baby #2 may change all the rules....from what I hear. If anyone has done E.A.S.Y. with number 2, please share your story. I would love to know how it went.

Also, check out the message boards. There are a lot of great topics and information. But beware of info overload. I had sore breasts once and was trying to figure out what was going on...by the end of clicking around on the site, I had convinced myself that Maggie had Thrush and I had Mastitis and I was going to have to wean her....read: over reactive, hormonal, hypochondriac. What I actually was experiencing was a little engorgement from a plugged duct that was relieved during the very next nursing session.
All in all, if you are a mom that likes a plan...this is the plan for you. Maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?