Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Quiet Moment...

I only have a few minutes to spare today as it is another busy one. I have spent my morning clipping baby nails, changing a poopy diaper, chasing Maggie as she rolls to all things electric and corded, making 2 batches of Fudge (one Reese's and Chocolate and the other is white chocolate and milk chocolate swirl), showering, actually drying my hair for the first time in days, getting dressed and checking email.



Maggie gets up in about 10 minutes and we're off. I will get her fed and dressed and then we are going to a potluck lunch at one of my Mommy friend's houses. I am bringing my peanut butter cup fudge. It's a going away lunch for Michele and her daughter Gigi. Michele was one of the first moms that I met when I started to venture out on my own. She is a breastfeeding proponent and a strong woman. A role model for a scared new mom. Also, Gigi is adorable and well tempered and an easy to get along with kid. A role model for a brand new baby. The are moving to another area of Ohio on the West Virginia border. Michele and her husband are pastors and they are going to a new church. The new house is beautiful. It's very old and backs to a lovely green space. I am jealous. I think you know by now that old houses are my "thing". But, alas, they must go to the next adventure and Maggie and I wish them the best of luck. Please keep us posted Michele!!!



After the lunch, it is back home for nap time...I am going to continue to work on my orders. Maggie only took half of her afternoon nap yesterday, so I have some catching up to do. Then we are hopefully off to the post office (if I get some orders done :) ) and then the grocery store.



We are having dinner with the gUnit and the Jellys. Sounds like a band name, huh. Most of our friends have nicknames and those that don't yet...you will soon enough. Fred and Kelly G are the gUnit. Dan and I are H.o.T.S. (House of Team Stamm) or simply TeamStamm, Bruce and Amy I are most recently known as IHOP (International House of Paul - their 8 week old) and DK and EJ are the Jellys (their house is the Jelly Jar). We are goofy to say the least.



Hopefully tonight will be less eventful than last. We had HooHah (Cousin Emily...yes the nicknames continue) and her boyfriend Ryan as well as the Jellys over for Mama Mimi's pizza and some Mexican Train Dominoes. It was great. And then everything went crazy....a storm like no other blew through at about midnight. All 5 of us (Dan, Maggie, Me, and Both Cats) were wide awake from the thunder. As I was assessing the situation I heard the tornado siren start to sing...Down to the basement we all went. We hung out for about an hour or so until everything quieted down. Maggie thankfully went right back to sleep, but insisted that she start to stir around 5:15am. She was still asleep for the most part, but sleeping fitfully. She cried off and on until I went to get her at 6:45am. And there's where our day started.



I feel like this post has rambled about nothing of any particular importance and I feel quite narcissistic to insist that you read a play by play of my day. But...it is what it is and you seem to still be reading. At times my blog is informative, at times inspiring (hopefully), and at times simply for my own purposes, like today. I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing a moment with me. I truly understand how few there are to spare.

1 comment:

  1. I was in the basement last night too! It was scary! Just wanted to let you know I love reading about your daily life in your blog. You guys are such a cute family and I love hearing all about it. Especially when I won't have random catch up sessions with you as we come and go on the porches. You guys will be so missed!

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?