Monday, June 9, 2008

Maggie's Quilt - An Update



As you know, Dan was away this weekend. He was at a Bachelor Party in Baltimore, MD. While daddy's away....mommy quilts. You would think that I am 80 years old. Anyway. I washed and ironed all of my fabrics on Friday night/Saturday morning. Then I cut the fabrics into 5"X41" strips and sewed them together in my pattern. I forgot to photograph that step. Then I cut them into 5" stips the other way. Above is what it looked like before I sewed the strips together. Below is what it looked like after I sewed the strips together.

Now it's on to the backing and batting. I am not sure if I am going to do another panel like this one to make it even bigger yet, so I might wait on the next steps and let this simmer for awhile.
Maggie just woke up from her nap...so I am off to mommy duty....HAPPY MONDAY!!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you're fast! The quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is beautiful! You are so talented and crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the step-by-step pictures....this is definitely a neat way of making a quilt! Look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful the way all the patterns came together...you have me inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Little Ones

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Where in the World are YOU From?